Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

About

The Developing Foundation was established in 1978 by families seeking appropriate treatment for a loved one with brain injury or developmental disability.

Helping Ivy Bloom2013

Fundraiser:Helping Ivy Bloom2013
Event Date:10/04/2014 9:00:00 AM - 31/07/2014 9:00:00 AM
Donation Target:$42,000.00 (AUD)
Current Total Raised:$44811.42 (AUD)
Helping Ivy Bloom2013

Helping Ivy Bloom

Hi my name is Ivy and I am one year old. I am a beautiful cheeky little girl who just wants to be able to play with my family, especially my big sister Maggie.


I have a rare neurological disorder that doctors and specialists have been unable to diagnose to date. After ten months of tests (many blood tests, MRI, EEG, ultrasound of brain) we still don't have any idea what to expect of the future. A few of my medical issues are severe microcephaly (small head circumference), global developmental delay, hypotonia (low muscle tone), pendular nystagmus (flickering of eyes and difficulty focusing) and bilateral moderate hearing loss. Unfortunately none of these conditions are a diagnosis so we are continuing with more testing.


My parents want me to have the best life possible and work hard to help me achieve developmental milestones. I am currently doing a program through AIAHP and we are already seeing results from this. We do several hours a day of home based therapy (AIAHP program) every day as well as several appointments per week of group therapy as well as massages for decreasing stiffness if her muscles. We also try to fit in as much hydro therapy as we can fit.
Through our fundraising efforts we hope to take the pressure off so we can continue with all the therapies as well as continuing to work with AIAHP as I get older.


Our major fundraiser of 2013 will be the ‘100km for Ivy’. On the 10th of August my Dad and some of his close friends will run 100km straight along the Gippsland Rail Trail in our local area. The run will take them through several towns throughout the day and night until they finish in our home town approx. 16-18 hours later. You can show your support by making a donation per km or an outright donation amount of your choice.

You Can Help By

  • Using the “DONATE NOW” button on our web page to make an online donation and   receive a tax deductible receipt for donations of $2 or more.
  • Spreading the word and sharing this page with all your family, friends, colleagues and anyone else you think may be able to assist.  Every little bit really does help!  

(The Developing Foundation commits 90% of funds raised by or donated to ”Help Ivy Bloom”. The remaining 10% is used by the charity to cover credit card charges, administration and support expenses).

We sincerely thank you for your support and are so very grateful for your kindness.

David, Courtney, Maggie & Ivy

$42,000.00
$21,000
$0

Funds Raised

$44811.42

Fundraiser Supporters:

Offline24 June 2014$1,120
Anonymous13 April 2014$43,691
Like our Facebook Page
Print this pageBookmark SiteTell a Friend