Create an Appeal
Show you care by collecting donations with your own appeals page.
- Fundraising Target:
- $ 37,500.00
- Donations to Date:
- $ 37,875.25
Messages of Support
Lachlan to America
Hi my name is Lachlan Stretton. I am 3 and have Cerebral Palsy - Spastic Triplegia.
I was fortunate enough to win an Intense Therapy in Florida, USA for use during October 22 - November 9, 2012, to give me the chance of walking. All that is covered in the prize is the therapy, no Accommodation or Flights.
I want to keep surprising my doctors. On the day of my diagnosis my parents were told I would be a vegetable for the rest of my life. Here I am at 3 years of age talking, commando crawling, using a standing frame, feeding myself and also being able to take 2 steps as long as I am supported by my dad.
My family is my Mum Kylie & Dad Bradley. I also have 3 siblings, my brothers are Kain 10 & Blake 4. I also have a little sister Nataliya who is 18mths.
Due to having a disability and also my brother Blake having a high needs diet, both my parents are full time Disability Carers, living on the Disability Carers Pension and they are unable to fund the journey to America themselves.
So can you please help me get to Florida?
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Sponsor Team Lachlan by pressing the “donate now” button on his webpage and receive an automatic tax deductible receipt.
• Help us raise sponsorship for Team Lachlan's participation at the Annual Brisbane Riverwalk event by collecting donations on our behalf using pre-printed receipts supplied by The Developing Foundation Inc.
• Send this page to your family, friends, colleagues and anyone else you can think of and ask them to donate.
• Come to Riverwalk to support Team Lachlan
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. The Developing Foundation commits 90% of funds raised by or donated to our team, to meet Lachlan’s expenses. The remaining 10% is used by the charity to cover credit card charges, administration and support.
For more information on helping or if you have any questions for Team Lachlan please email LachlanStretton@hotmail.com
Thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot to our family.