Create an Appeal
Show you care by collecting donations with your own appeals page.
- Fundraising Target:
- $ 45,000.00
- Donations to Date:
- $ 9,069.00
Messages of Support
Our vision for Blaise is that he will continue to shoot for the stars with whatever challenges come his way.
Hi! My name is Blaise, and I am 3 years old. I have Spastic Quadraplegic Cerebral Palsy, which means I have a lot of trouble doing things. We are raising funds for my therapy and a special aid and treatment called the TheraSuit Method to help me to move better and to gain muscle strength. Last year after lots of hard work by my family, friends and sponsors, I was able to complete 60 hours of TheraSuit Therapy and 40 hours of Hyperbaric Oxygen in Michigan USA. These wonderful therapies are not available locally. As a result I am now able to sit up!
I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at 10 months old. I am a happy boy and I have lots of fun playing with my older brother, Corey, and my Mummy and Daddy. I have trouble with movement in my right arm and I also have trouble with my vision. I have learned to roll and I can push up on my arms when I am positioned and prompted - AND most recently I have learned to sit up! The freedom this has been able to give me is amazing. For the first time ever, I was able to sit up in a shopping trolley!
I spend a lot of my time doing therapies. Many of them are not recognised as standard treatment for CP which is a shame, because these are the ones that are helping me the most. I go to Myofascial release twice a week. This type of massage helps my muscles to relax and makes movement so much easier. I have started to become quite the wriggle worm!
There is a promising therapy for children like Blaise - but it costs a lot of money. We are raising funds to take Blaise to the US where the TheraSuit Method is available. It is used to rehabilitate neurological and sensory disorders and is becoming a standard method of treatment for children diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy but it is not available in Australia. Case studies show that using the TheraSuit improves the density (strength) of the bone as well as helps to diminish subluxation in the hip joint. The TheraSuit is part of the TheraSuit Method, an intensive physical therapy/exercise program. The TheraSuit accelerates functional progress. Children undergoing intensive therapy with the use of the TheraSuit achieve better results in a shorter amount of time.
We have found Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) to be fantastic for maximising the work I do in intensive therapy. In cerebral palsy patients, HBOT can reduce pressure and swelling in the brain. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can also detoxify substances and blood in the brain and the body and can encourage the regeneration of damaged or dead blood vessels. It is great for brain plasticity and helping to create new neuro pathways and new skills. HBOT can increase the amount of circulating stem cells by 800%!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Sponsor Team Blaise for the annual Riverwalk Event by pressing the “donate now” button on his webpage and receive an automatic tax deductible receipt. You can read about the event at http://www.developingfoundation.org.au/help-give-raise-funds/riverwalk and we’ll update you through “Believe in Blaise” Facebook Page.
• Help us raise sponsorship for Team Blaise participation at the Annual Brisbane Riverwalk event by collecting donations on our behalf using pre-printed receipts supplied by The Developing Foundation Inc.
• Send this page to your family, friends, colleagues and anyone else you can think of and ask them to donate.
• Come to Riverwalk to support Team Blaise
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. The Developing Foundation commits 90% of funds raised by or donated to our team, to meet Blaise’s expenses. The remaining 10% is used by the charity to cover credit card charges, administration and support.
For more information on helping or if you have any questions for Team Blaise please email email@example.com or phone Dawn on 0407324222.
Thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot to me and my family xo
Dawn, Cameron, Corey and Blaise